Enough….

I have put the lid on the interior paint and the varnish.  While there may be a need to do another coat of the varnish for the time being three coats is enough.  I have peeled off the masking tape on the seat, hull joints  and although not ecstatic with the results I have decided to let it go for now (and probably forever). One pesky little task was inserting a stainless “U” bolt for the painter. I used a scrap of oak to make a knee for the bow transom and rasped and sanded it into a semblance  of nautical design.  The bolt seems a little low on the transom but for towing it will be ideal (hopefully). Off to the shop for proper sized screws for the oarlocks and then once the paint has completely dried it will be turn-over time and the work begins on sanding and painting the exterior. At least the priming is complete.  Perhaps by next weekend I will be done.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s